Car Accessories that You and Your Dog will Love
Traveling with your dog can be a tricky thing to do at times. You undoubtedly want to provide them with a comfortable place to sit during car rides, while at the same time ensuring that they (and yourself) remain safe. In order for pet owners to achieve this, they must utilize products that will keep dogs as stationary as possible. Of course, one must also consider the breed and size, taking into consideration that younger dogs will grow significantly over a short period of time.
The list below highlights and details one best product in the large variety of dog accessories, of which most are compatible with any motor vehicle. The other sections will cover topics that’ll make your shopping and purchase easier (and quicker!). Let’s begin.
Accessories for Safety and Keeping Your Car Clean
We have selected for you a number of car accessories which will help you to choose those matching perfectly for your pet and car. One BEST in each category
- Wire mesh for strength & durability
- Adjustable to all vehicle types
- Easy to attach
This barrier is best for people that have trouble seeing from the rear when anything is blocking the view. No matter if it’s night, day, or overcast, you will always know what’s going on behind you.
- Doesn’t get in the way of the driver’s view from the rearview mirror
- The varnish is strong and will never chip or flake
- Braces to the floor and sides firmly, no wobbling during bumpy rides
- Grates at the bottom have ends that are slightly sharp
See Related Post: Best Dog Car Barriers Review
Seat Covers, Dog Hammocks and Car Seat Extenders
- With side flaps design
- Easy to install
The Urpower Seat Cover has leashed featured with the cover itself. No liquids will seep to the bottom of your car when this is placed inside.
- Product includes two leashes and a dog seatbelt
- Made from water resistant fabric
- There are two pockets on the inner portion of the cover (seen when extended) for storing toys and other items
See Related Post: Best Seat Covers, Hammocks and Car Seat Extenders Review
Car Seats and Booster Seats For Dogs
- Simple adjustment
- Safe and secure
- Removable and washable cover
K&H Pet Products Bucket Booster Pet Seat is made of durable fabric and long lasting enough. Machine washing is not recommended.
- Available in 2 sizes: for small and medium sized dogs
- Keeps dogs still and secure
- Has two adjustable security leashes
- Has firm foam around the edge
- Some additional secure harnesses are needed
See Related Post: Best Car Seats and Booster Seats For Dogs Review
Car Harnesses and Seat Belt Restraints for Dogs
- Crash tested
- Durable materials
- Padded chest plate for extra protection
Safe and comfortable, Kurgo harness is designed based on rock-climbing harnesses for ultimate satety. You can use it also for everyday activities.
- Suitable with any vehicle seat belt system
- Five points of adjustment
- Compatible with any vehicle seat belt system
- Stitches can irritate sensitive dogs
See Related Post: Best Harnesses and Seat Belt Restraints
Dog Assistance – Car Ramps and Stairs
- Type: Two-section platform, folding, lockable
- High traction surface
- Weight: 10 lbs
This PetSafe ramp is built for large dog breeds. Mount it in the trunk or back seat and they’ll quickly become adapted.
- Can support the weight of large dogs (150-pounds max)
- Narrow enough to be mounted on the back seat when dogs move in and out of vehicles
- Stores fast (only needs to be folded once)
- The grip may not be sturdy enough to keep large dogs from randomly sliding
See Related Post: Best Car Ramps and Stairs for Dogs
Staying Safe of the Road with Your Dog
There are a lot of studies that have been conducted relating to pet owners traveling with their dogs on the road. Both car companies and independent studies have concluded that accidents are much more likely to occur when driving with dogs that aren’t restrained properly, or not restrained at all. This could change in the future, although most states have laws concerning dog safety in cars that either don’t exist or are ambiguous.
The consensus is that you’re much better off with some sort of restraint when traveling as a pet owner. But even then, one must use caution when looking for restraints; some low-quality products will have little effect when in the unfortunate event of a car crash. That’s why it’s important to pick from brands that are recommended the most.
Popular Questions About Dog Car Safety Accessories
What should I take into consideration when looking for a Barrier?
Try to focus your search on barriers that won't obstruct your rearview, and those with height adjustment capabilities.
Am I legally required to use a Booster Seat for my Dog?
In some states, yes. Check with your local government first, as some may only stipulate the use of restraints. Keep in
How will I know if I can use a Booster Seat on the Passenger Side?
Again, it's best that you check what the law says from an official source. Remember to move the car's chair back some distance, which prevents injury if an airbag goes off during an accident.
Should Weight be a consideration when Buying a Ramp?
Absolutely. Check the weight of the ramp in the protect's description. Most are made from plastic or metal, although a few are better for smaller dogs.
Is a Restraint alone Safe for a Puppy or Very Small Dog?
Yes, but a booster seat would allow your dog to see out of the window easier, something that could keep them occupied while you're behind the wheel.
Now that you’ve finished the list, Take a moment to go over anything that you may have missed. There where a large number of products, some of which will work best when bought with a combination of other dog accessories. And once you have everything that you need, you’ll be set to make your trips on the road much more pleasant. Safety on the road is important, so everything listed will keep everyone in the car (including your pet)