Why do I Need a Dog Car Seat or Booster Seat?
Welcome to our Best Dog Car Seats Review. It’s unbelievable how many people are still moved by how their dogs sit on the front passenger seat, absolutely free moving, or even put their heads out of the open windows, sticking out their tongues.
Does it look familiar? 🙂
But all this is funny only on the pictures from the Internet. In reality similar things can turn into a trouble. Travelling with your dog should be a combination of pleasure and safety at the same time for both. You undoubtedly want to provide your pet with a comfortable place to sit during car rides, while at the same time ensuring that it (and yourself) remain safe.
In order for pet owners to achieve this, they must utilize products that will keep dogs as stationary as possible. The dogs should never move freely in the passenger compartment, as they endanger themselves and and the driver. Top rated dog car harness or seat belts, seats and booster seats help a lot. We have made a profound research to help you choose the best one. Depending on the size of your dog car seats differ. For small dogs and puppies we have selected one type, for medium-sized or large – another. The car design also defines your choice. If you keep your dog on the front or back passenger seat, the list below is for you. We have tried and tested many products and will help you to choose best dog car seats and booster seats.
Best Dog Car Seats and Booster Seats — Overview & Rating
Table of Rating
|K&H Pet Products Bucket Booster Pet Seat||
|PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Dog Safety Seat||
|Snoozer Lookout Car Seat||
Best car seat for puppies
|American Kennel Club Pet Booster Seat||
|Petbobi Pet Reinforce Car Booster Seat||
Best car seat for small dogs
|Pet Gear Lookout Booster Car Seat||
- Simple adjustment
- Safe and secure
- Removable and washable cover
K&H Pet Products Bucket Booster Pet Seat is made of durable fabric and long lasting enough. Machine washing is not recommended.
- Available in 2 sizes: for small and medium sized dogs
- Keeps dogs still and secure
- Has two adjustable security leashes
- Has firm foam around the edge
- Some additional secure harnesses are needed
- Seat Belt Tether can be added
- Machine Washable
PetSafe Happy Ride Quilted Dog Safety Seat has a rigid plastic frame and a soft pillow with fleece liner.
- Removable cover is easy to wash and maintain, and to keep your dog’s place clean
- Stable construction preventing motion sickness
- Available in standard and deluxe version
- It may be a little hard to put parts together
- Soft inside
- Sturdy and secure
- Available in variety of fabrics and colors
The Snoozer Lookout is one of the easier booster seats to attach to the seat of your car. You probably won’t have to tinker with your car seat’s height, either. Your dog will be able to see out the window without a problem.
- The height of the seat allows most dogs to see out of the seat without attempting to move themselves
- A pocket on the front of the is big enough to fit several dog items inside (for Snoozer Lookout 2 model)
- Installation doesn’t require any instruction; very simply
- Use used for lightweight dogs, may cause movement when the car is in motion
Best Car Seat For Puppies
- Prevents car sickness
- Safer trip in the event of airbag activation
- Outer pocket for storage
This booster seat doesn’t need a seatbelt in order to be used and can be adjusted to better accommodate dogs that like to see outside the window.
- A seatbelt isn’t needed (the product is secured with its own straps
- Suspends over the headrest and back portion of the passenger seat, keeping dogs high enough to see out windows
- Height adjustment is possible by tightening or loosening the straps
- On some vehicles, the straps could be too short to adjust as desired
- Safe and Sturdy
- Storage Pocket
This pretty paw print design car seat made by Petbobi, prevents distruction of your attention while driving. Durable and waterproof materials provide comfort with cleaning.
- The sit is securely fixed by two belts which makes it very stable
- Anti-slip waterproof fabric
- Easy to carry and store, as you can fold it down into a board
- Fits well only for small pets
Best Car Seat for Small Dogs
- Soft Removable Plush Pillow
- Tether included
- Easy to Install
The Pet Gear Lookout Booster Car Seat is very comfortable and secure at the same time.
- Integrated tether can be easily attached to dog’s harness
- Tight and yet soft foam, with micro suede cover
- You can carry up to two dogs
- The straps may break quickly
We have Also Reviewed and Rated Other Good Quality Dog Car Seats and Booster Seats
- Foldable, portable and washable
- Sturdy and secure
- Suitable for one large or two small dogs
Try out the Instecho A4Pet if there are things that you want to take with you when traveling with the booster seat. It has pockets for your dog’s favorite toys and is secured by your car’s seat belts.
- A side pocket allows owners to place miscellaneous items inside for later use
- Can be folded in itself and carried like a bag (has a handle)
- Doesn’t require the use of a seatbelt
- Although the booster seat remains secure, slight movement may occur when making turns and braking
Best Dog Car Seats For Large Dogs
- Two-sides: for winter and summer
- Sturdy and secure
- Fabric is removable and machine washable
With the Petsfit Seat, you can fit more than one pet inside. It’s recommended for pet owners that plan on traveling with a duo, so give it a shot if this is descriptive of your situation.
- Large enough to fit two small dogs in the seat
- The fabric liner on the outside can be washed, either by machine or hand
- The seat can be taken off and used in the home
- Leash strap featured on the product is very thin and may break quickly
Best Car Seat For Medium-Sized Dogs
- Crash tested
- Sturdy and secure
- Two-sides fabric: for cold and warm weather
The Pikaon is a blue booster seat that can go either in the front or back of your car. If placed in the front, it will cover the seat entirely, likely extending to the glove box door. Try it out for large to medium-sized dogs.
- Falls forward are prevented by the seat (on car), straps, and front seat/dashboard
- Doesn’t move or slide around during sudden brakes
- Can be folded flat and stored discreetly
- The leash strap on the booster seat is lengthy enough for dogs to get out with it still attached
- Two-sided design for warmth in winter and cool in summer
- Two outer pockets for storage
The X-Zone Booster Seat is one of those that you can use anywhere, including in your home. The base can be detached from the rest of the seat, turning the booster into a chair. Consider getting this one if you need a seat that can adapt to wherever your pet goes with you.
- Designed to be used in a car, outdoors, or at home
- The leash inside the seat is sturdy and not too long
- Flaps in the interior will lower the entire seat for larger dogs to see out the window easier
- Dogs can damage the inner fabric if chewed
- Durable outside fabric, yet with soft touch effect
- With red leash and harness – reminder to fasten the dog
- Completely removable and easy to clean
This is a booster seat for people that don’t want their dog moving when they’re driving. Of course, all on the list will do this well, but this one has the advantage of being safe regardless of where you choose to put it in your vehicle.
- Has a leash that attaches to the seat, encouraging dogs to remain stationary
- Safe to use in either the front or back seats of vehicles
- Can be secured with a seatbelt
- Suitable only for small to medium-sized pets
Best Dog Car Seats and Booster Seats for Dogs – Buyer’s Guide
There are basic features to take into account when choosing a perfect dog car booster seat.
- The right size
This point is of high priority when choosing a seat. For safety reasons your dog must fit in. Extra space is no good. Take into account your pet’s dimensions when it sits and when it lays. Check the dimensions of the car seat accordingly.
- Fastening (how the seat and dog are secured)
First of all check the video guide of the seat producer before fastening booster seat for dog in car. Most of them are secured in 2 basic ways. The first one – one belt is placed around passenger seat, and the other around the headrest. The second – with the help of passenger seat belt put into a special slot in the pet car booster seat. A security leash that can hook to a collar or harness is integrated into the whole constuction and have a fastening buckle.
- Design, fabric and color
When choosing the design and fabric – think about the following:
The coat: All dogs shed. But short-haired dogs and long haired dogs do it in different ways. You know your dog and can imagine how often you will have to wash and clean the seat. If often – removable fabric liner is important.
In case you live in the area with seasonal change a two-sided liner will be better. Or maybe you live in the hot area all the time – then no need to spend money for this option.
Color is a matter of your taste)
- Extra height added by booster seat
Some car seat boosters add extra height to your dog. From one side it adds visibility for your lovely friend during the ride. From the other – keep it in mind if your dog’s body is too tall and car compartment is low.
What are the Benefits of Using Car Boosters?
Your dog has its own comfortable place in the car. At the same time it is well secured and in case of a car accident it is protected not only with harness, but also with soft pads.
Popular Questions About Dog Car Boosters/FAQs
Can you just use a collar or you need a harness?
Harness. A harness will be much safer for your pet in the event of an accident.
Am I legally required to use a Booster Seat for my Dog?
In some states, yes. Check with your local government first, as some may only stipulate the use of restraints. Keep in mind that the law that pertains to dog booster seats could legally be open to interpretation.
How will I know if I can Use a Booster Seat on the Passenger Side?
Again, it’s best that you check what the law says from an official source. Remember to move the car’s chair back some distance, which prevents injury if an airbag goes off during an accident.
With all information in the article you can make a choice and improve the quality of trip with your best friend.