Congratulations to the dogs and their happy owners!
Main Boxer Features:
- Easy-going good-natured temperament
- Stable nerves
- Brightly expressed nature
- Childlike spontaneity
The homeland of the German boxer is Germany. Exactly in this country the appearance and character of the breed was formed in Munich.
The Boxer Floki, derived from the mating of German Bullenbeisser with English Bulldog, is №1 in the German Boxer Breed Registry. The Austrian cynologist Frederik Robert contributed greatly to the official recognition of the breed at the beginning of the last century. It was he, in the mid-90s of the century before last, who began breeding the Bullenbeisser to lay the foundations for a new breed of dog. In a short period of time he managed to achieve success – to get a dog athletically built and at the same time very agile. He presented the result of his work – four boxers along with Floki – at the Saint Bernard show in Monte Carlo, the capital of the Principality of Monaco.
In 1896, the popularity and the number of boxers increased significantly. Admirers of the breed organized the first German Boxer Club. Now many such clubs are organized and there are many kennels engaged in breeding purebreds of this breed.
Interesting Facts about Boxers:
- Dogs of the breed “Boxer” were named so because of their behavior during a fight. These animals skillfully strike the opponent with their paws, like boxers in the ring.
- Boxers have a universal blood type. Representatives of the breed are valued by veterinarians as donors. Timely transfusions have saved more than one dog. Some boxers who donate blood regularly were given the title “Honorary Donor”.
- Representatives of the breed in question were favorites of such celebrities as Robin Williams, Sylvester Stallone, and Pablo Picasso.
1. Easy to care for
2. Suitable for inexperienced dog owners
3. excellent guarding qualities
4. Playful temperament
5. Great with children
6. Can learn quickly
7. Intelligent and quick-witted
8. Suitable for apartment living
1. Requires a lot of activity and daily walks
2. Can not stand cold, easy to catch cold
3. Prone to obesity
4. Not always friendly with other dogs, prone to fights