Table of Contents
What is the Best Chewproof Dog Bed for Pitbull?
Pitbulls like humans love comfort. That explains why they find no problem settling into those cozy couches in the living rooms. Of course, your dog also loves your company. And spending time with you means more bonding. Therefore, it’s only fair if you get him a comfortable resting place, equivalent to your favorite couch. And what better choice can you make apart from getting the best dog bed for Pitbull? Unlike common assumptions that dog beds are only meant for sleeping-time, they offer a perfect resting and relaxation spot for your pet. But the type of bed you get for your furry largely depends on his character. Pitbulls chew a lot. So they will need sturdy beds. They also need comfortable beds as they’re vulnerable to orthopedic issues.
We very well know how hectic it can be selecting a durable bed, especially in the current overcrowded modern marketplaces. That’s why we have come up with this comprehensive best dog bed for Pitbull review and buying guide to help you make an ideal choice. Let’s get started!
Key Points in Brief
- Your pet should associate their sleeping and resting place with security and comfort. From pillows, beds, mattresses to donuts, you can never run out of options.
- Dog beds come with different cover materials. Whatever your choice is, ensure it’s easily washable.
- The older your Pitbull gets, the more care he deserves. The same case applies to a sickly pet. Purpose to get him an orthopedic dog bed. Your furry will appreciate the adjustable elastic underneath that will give his body the comfort. You can also consider memory foams for your little Pitbull. Remember, the older your pet gets, the more care their joints will need, you need to consider that whenever purchasing a bed.
- Apart from watching out for the indestructible quality of a Pitbull’s bed, consider the sizing. These dogs are big and a voluminous bed will be best suitable. Besides, they will grow into it and you would have saved some bucks.
5 Best Dog Beds for Pitbull — Overview & Rating
|Bully Beds Orthopedic Dog Bed||
|Friends Forever Orthopedic Dog Bed Lounge||
|Big Barker Dog Bed, Sleek Edition||
|Carhartt Dog Bed||
|Kuranda Chewproof Elevated Dog Bed||
- Material: Medical-grade orthopedic memory foam, Microfiber cover with a heavy-duty chew-resistant zipper and non-slip base, waterproof liner
- Size: 48 x 30 x 7 inches
- Removable and washable cover: Yes
The Bully Beds is an ideal pick for large dogs, especially the senior pets and those suffering from arthritis. It comes with a removable washable microfiber, complete with a waterproof liner. This bed contains memory foam for maximum comfort and is USA made. The heavy-duty zippers on the cover of this dog bed are chew-resistant, and its base is non-slip. Actually, in the current marketplace, this is the best dog bed you can get at such an affordable price, given the kind of luxury it offers. It’s available in two different colors: tan and chocolote.
- 20-year warranty
- Free shipping and returns
- Friendly customer support
- Extreme chewing should be under supervision
- Material: Durable anti-tear cover. Cushioned, plush poly-filled bolsters. Made with Human Grade Mattress Foam
- Size: 36 x 28 x 13 inches
- Removable and washable cover: Yes
If comfort is your major priority when purchasing a bed for your Pitbull, the Friends Forever Orthopedic Bed makes an ideal pick. It’s not only comfy but also comes with superior human grade mattress foam. The cover of this dog bed is tough and anti-tear to allow your pet to play and relax in it worry-free. Also, it can comfortably accommodate the massive weight of a standard Pitbull of up to 130lbs. The cover is also removable and is machine washing friendly. The Friends Forever dog bed will also ensure your furry enjoys optimum joint support.
- Washing machine friendly
- High-quality USA made bed
- Comes with recycled fleecy-fill cushions
- The soft foam isn’t suitable for sickly and senior dogs
- Material: 100% Micro-suede cover, soft to the touch. American made therapeutic foam. Handmade
- Size: 48 x 30 x 7 inches
- Removable and washable cover: Yes
The first thing that will probably strike you about the Big Barker Bed is its distinctive cover design. This bed oozes with an impressive touch of resilience making it an ideal choice for heavy chewers such as Pitbulls. It’s also comfortable, complete with a zipped easy to wash cover. The pet bed is large enough to accommodate most big pups, the likes of Pitbulls, Mastiffs, and even Bullmastiffs. The microfiber used in this product is compiled and tested in the USA, guaranteeing top-quality. The Big Barker Dog Bed has a large resting area.
- Sturdy outer cover
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Headrest for extra comfort
- Might be vulnerable to maximal chewers
- Material: Exterior shell in 12 oz firm hand cotton duck canvas for durability with water-repellency, 100% cotton. Cushion filled with polyester fiber
- Size: 37 x 25 x 4,25 inches
- Removable and washable cover: Yes
The Carhatt Dog Bed is made from 100% cotton, is pretty affordable, and of decent quality. We, therefore, aren’t surprised that it becomes a preferred choice for most buyers. The bed comes in various sizes ranging from medium to large. Generally, this pet bed durable and comfortable for both outdoor and indoor use. Unlike other low quality imported beds, this one is an exception having an exterior shell in 12 oz. shade of cotton guaranteeing durability and reliability. It also has a water-resistant coating. So you don’t have to worry about unexpected messes. This pet bed’s interior is constructed with a baffle cushion to enhance the stability of the polyester fill. No matter how much your Pitbull plays or moves, the fill will remain in place. The shell is cleanable, and you can remove and add the polyester fiber when necessary. There are also various colors for your selection.
- Removable cover for easy machine washing
- High-quality imported dog bed
- Baffle constructed interior cushion
- The soft foam makes it unsuitable for ill/older dogs
Best Chew Proof Dog Bed
- Material: Patented, CHEWPROOF HIGH STRENGTH, lightweight aircraft grade aluminum frame. Heavy Duty 40oz solid vinyl
- Size: 50 x 36 inches
- Easy to clean & quick to dry
This top-quality chew proof dog bed is also elevated and can withstand the forceful bites of a Pitbull. It’s appealing and highly durable for lifetime use in a kennel. If you desire to use it outdoors, go for the all-aluminum choice, which you can withstand both indoor and outdoor surroundings. It’s rust-resistant. The fasteners of this pet bed are made from pure stainless steel. The aluminum frame might be sturdy, but it’s also light for easy portability. The bed can comfortably accommodate dogs of up to 250lbs. The Kuranda dog bed comes with a heavy-duty easy to clean cover, made from pure vinyl. This makes it an ideal choice for Pitbulls as they’re naturally heavy chewers. Pet parents with adventurous scratchers and diggers will also find this bed favorable. Another amazing attribute of the heavy vinyl fabric is the orthopedic support it offers sickly and older dogs, by relieving them from point pressures. There’s also a wide range of colors to choose from including; Royal Blue, Smoke, Forest Green, and Burgundy. It also fits well in a crate for Pitbull.
- Since the ends of the aluminum frame of this Kuranda Dog bed covers the chewable parts, there’s less temptation for your Pitbull
- The manufacturer of this dog bed offers a 1-year Warranty, and are famously praised for an excellent customer support system
- It’s easy to clean this bed. And you can do so often since it doesn’t wear out easily
- Comes unassembled
Best Dog Bed for Pitbull – Buyer’s Guide
If you have already tried sourcing for a dog bed before, you must be aware that it isn’t an easy job. More so now that the current marketplace is filled with various brands. The most important aspect, however, is for you to ensure you get the perfect bed by choosing correctly. There are various ways to achieve this including examining the pricing, comfort it offers, the durability, and the type of dog breed. This means you’ve to spend lots of hours researching. But if you’re operating on a busy schedule, and don’t have time to spare, we’re here for you. We dedicate ourselves to provide you with all the useful information you need to make a valuable purchase. It’s also important to equip yourself with all the necessary details about dog pets. There’s nothing like too much information.
What to Look for When Buying a Bed for Pitbull?
Types of Dog Beds
Generally Dogs, Pitties included, require comfortable dwellings to protect them from harsh environmental conditions and joint pains. So your Pitbull needs a good bed to enjoy being home and resting. However, as already mentioned earlier, there are various types of pet beds in the market. And not all of them are suitable for your breed. You will have to examine the attributes of your pet to make the perfect purchase. So which type of beds are most popular? Let’s find out below.
- Some beds are generally appealing with bright colors to complement your home’s interiors. If you’re conscious about anything that you add into your space, these are the kinds of beds to consider. Most of them come completely covered with stylish fabrics, such as velvet and artificial leather. But although the materials might be attractive and all, they aren’t long-lasting. So be ready to replace the covers often.
- Sometimes pups require special mattresses to handle their distinctive needs. In this case, orthopedic mattresses make a great choice. They’re readily available in the market and offer good value. As a pet parent, the best thing you can do for your senior or ill Pitbull is to ensure he is as comfortable as possible. The memory foam found in most of these mattresses offers maximum same support.
- Messy situations are inevitable, especially if you’re parenting puppies. In this case, dog beds with waterproof covers will come in handy. You can easily wipe off the mess and let your pet continue to enjoy bonding and relaxing time.
- Dogs like you appreciate a generous cushioning on their beds. That’s why most of their beds are similar to mini-mattresses. If you want to go extra on your purchase, you’ll be glad to know that some of these dog beds come with roof covers for an in-house experience.
Like every other product, the best dog beds for Pitbulls have distinctive attributes, which greatly affect purchasing choices. Below, we compare them to help you decide.
Waterproof. There are numerous waterproof dog beds in the current market. They‘re easy to wipe off whenever your pup messes. But if this happens a lot and you’re forced to wash the covers often, the feature might become ineffective over time.
Washing. Cleaning the bed should be easy and fast. If you prefer machine washing, get a machine-friendly cover that can comfortably accommodate water temperatures of around 40-60 degrees. Always avoid using hot water as it can shorten the longevity of the cover. Remember, the straighter the cover is, the easier it will be to wash and maintain.
You may also like
Cover. The type of cover you choose determines the durability of the dog bed. For a Pitbull, go for a sturdy scratch-proof cover to protect the bed from the intense chewing habits of your furry. Also, two-in-one offers are better as you get to change the covers on cleaning days.
Design and Size. You get the chance to choose a pet bed from the various available sizes and designs depending on the needs of your pup and his size. Remember, the spacious the bed is, the better for Pitbull as he can roll over and relax with ease. There’s nothing more frustrating to a dog as being forced to sleep in one position due to limited space. This will also affect his general wellbeing, more so the back-bone. If the bed allows your dog to snuggle or simply use their resting place as a watching tower, get him a bed that offers optimal comfort, complete with a cushioned edge.
As for the size, mainly concentrate on the bed’s length as the width and length vary depending on the available designs. Get a bigger bed for your puppy to grow into, to accommodate him even when he gets older.
Size for Pitbull Bed: min 36′ x 25′
Length is the main dimension for the dog bed. So, choose 36 inches length bed for Pitbull as minimal. Usually it is L size (Large) in manufacture’s sizing chart. Width and height may differ depending on design.
Material and Filling
As earlier on indicated, your Pitbull needs an indestructible dog bed due to his massive chewing tendencies. He’s also bound to play and roll around the bed, needing a scratch-resistant and tough bed cover material. This will give you both peace of mind as you don’t have to watch his every move and he gets to optimally enjoy his space.
Since cleaning is an important aspect of maintaining the health of your pet, a bed with a removable cover makes a good choice. You get to wipe it off regularly and also deep wash when necessary. So, the lighter the textile volume of the bed, the better for faster washing and drying. Also, remember smooth surfaces are also easier to clean.
When it comes to washing, check if the covers are machine friendly or not. And since you want to purchase a dog bed that will offer your dog a long time service, ensure its edges are sturdily constructed, with the cover being made from top-quality materials. If you decide to go for a cushioned bed, ensure the filling is adequate to offer maximum support and guarantee stability. There are numerous kinds of fillings, including but not limited to Visco-foam, memory foams, and micro beads. Since Pitbulls are heavier, such materials will offer them comfort and properly accommodate their weight.
For hotter months of the year such as summer, an adjustable well-elevated bed comes in handy. Your furry will appreciate the airy environment be it indoors or outdoors.
Price & Performance
When we compared the pricing of various dog bed models we came across some good ones in the middle and even low pricing range. So if you’re on a budget you can still find a valuable bed for your Pitbull. Yes, they might not be as long-lasting as the high-end beds, but they will serve the purpose and that’s what counts.
What is the Right Place for the Dog Bed?
The whole essence of buying a dog bed for your furry is for him to enjoy a relaxing time and have a peaceful sleep. Therefore, placing it in a serenely quiet and secure environment is the best choice. Remember, dogs are social, so never separate them from the rest of the family members. Since most of these beds are portable, always place them strategically in one corner wherever you spend most of your time. And if you have kids, ensure the bed is out of reach.
From the above extensive dog bed comparison review, it’s clear that your Pitbull, just like you, requires a comfortable place to relax, play, and sleep. Therefore, it’s advisable to get him a cozy bed. This will give him a sense of belonging and entitlement to a personal space like every other member of the family.
Remember we love hearing from you. So if you’ve got a question or would like to share an idea pertaining to the best dog bed for Pitbull, feel free to share in the comment section below. We will be glad to help.